Twitter can be a great place to connect with friends, family, and new people with similar interests. However, if one simply wants to connect privately with a few select people on the social networking site, they certainly can by utilizing a few settings on Twitter. On this page we will share a few privacy settings that Twitter users can utilize so that they’re getting maximum privacy.
Edit Your Profile Page
Security and Privacy Settings
Protecting Your Tweets and Photo Tagging
Blocking a User On Twitter and Blocking Spam Tweets
To report a violation on Twitter, you’ll need to click on gear icon and click the “Help” link and submit a ticket on Twitter’s support page. Click on “Report a violation.” You can also go directly to http://support.twitter.com/tickets/ to open a help ticket.
Twitter Safety Tips
To socialize and navigate on the Twitter community safely, you’ll want to:
- Avoid clicking on redirect links from users you don’t trust. Usually redirect links are from spammers who will attempt to redirect you to a virus! Make sure you only click on links from users you know and trust.
- Be extremely cautious when it comes to revealing any personal information publically, such as your email address, phone number, home address, and your work address.
- Change your Twitter password often and don’t use the same password on any other websites.
- Always make sure you’re visiting the real Twitter.com. Check the URL in your browser & make sure it begins with http://www.twitter.com.
- As an extra precaution, you can use Roboform to login, store, and create passwords securely for you.